Where can I learn more about clean energy technologies?
The trainings, websites, presentations and publications listed below provide general and technical information on clean energy technologies, as well as policy, market and financial information to better inform clean energy decisions.
Featured Training Resources
- Energy Management Training 101
- Produced as part of the Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP), Energy 101 provides an introduction to Federal energy management in relation to renewable energy, energy efficiency, and water efficiency.
- Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) Training Resources
- FEMP offers a number of training resources including video archives of First Thursday Seminars and On Demand Training resources on a number of clean energy topics.
- RETScreen International Training Courses
- Natural Resources Canada, RETScreen International, provides a number of clean energy training courses including courses on Clean Energy Project Analysis, Energy Efficiency, Heating/Cooling, Power and Cogeneration as well as a Clean Energy Legal Toolkits, Case Studies, and e-textbook among other resources.
- USAID Energy Toolbox
- The U.S. Agency for International Development Toolbox provides the following online resources: Coping with the Energy Challenges, Electricity Sector Reform, Optimal Feeder Level Connection, Infrastructure E-Library, Grid-Connected Renewable Energy Generation, Energy Access Through Enterprise, Invisible Schoolhouse and Powering Health.
- United States Department of Energy Solution Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- This U.S. Department of Energy website provides best practice documents and project resources to learn about energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- United States Department of Energy Technical Assistance Project (TAP) Webinar Archive
- Here you will find links to presentations and supporting materials from previous Webinars sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Technical Assistance Project
- Sustainable Building Design Training
- Whole Building Design Guide Courses
- FEMP Resources for Sustainable Buildings
- NREL Energy Assessment Training Course
- Introduction to Renewable Energy Technologies
- Produced as part of the Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP), the Introduction to Renewable Energy Technologies webinar offers an introduction to renewable energy technologies available for implementation at Federal sites.
- Learn more about solar energy
- Learn more about geothermal energy
- Learn more about wind energy
- Learn more about biomass energy
- IAEA Planning and Economic Studies Section (PESS) Capacity Building
- IAEA provides training and capacity building for each of their PESS models to partners in developing countries
- Solar Powering Your Community - A Guide for Local Governments
- The U.S. Department of Energy, Solar America Cities Program published this comprehensive guide to inform solar development at the local level.
- ICLEI and REN21 Local Renewables Web Portal
- This web portal provides guidance on the application of renewables in local settings with information on policy, practice and technologies.
- Step by Step Tool Kit for Local Governments to Go Solar
- The California Energy Commission prepared this step-by-step toolkit for solar development at the local level
Sustainable Development and Climate Change
- Climate Technology Initiative Training Courses
- Climate technology training courses are organised in collaboration with relevant international organisations, with a focus on the special requirements and circumstances of the target countries/regions.
- Earthscan Webinars
- Energy for Sustainable Development
- E4SD offers this online training course for energy & development specialists
- Biomass Resource Assessment Presentation
- This presentation from NREL provides an overview of biomass resource assessment
- CSP Technology, Markets and Development Presentation
- This presentation with audio overlay provides an overview of CSP technologies, information on CSP siting, integration and markets as well as examples of projects and research and development (R&D) activities.
- Renewable Energy Optimization Presentation
- This presentation provides an overview of determining a "best" mix of renewable energy technologies in relation to utility rates, renewable energy resources, technology characterization, state, utility and federal incentives and economic parameters.
- Learning about Renewables at NREL
- The NREL Learning About Renewable Energy website provides basic information about biomass, geothermal, solar, wind, hydro, hydrogen and ocean power. The website also includes resources for learning more about advanced vehicles and fuels, energy delivery and storage and using renewable energy for electricity providers, farmers, homeowners and small businesses. Educational resources for students on wind, solar, hydrogen, geothermal and biomass energy are also featured.
- Reegle Search Engine for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- The Reegle Search Engine for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency allows users to search for clean energy information sources which are reviewed by experts, connects actors and stakeholders by providing details on organizations, provides a global map of clean energy related topics and a clean energy blog covering key clean energy events on site.
- Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) Digital Library
- The REEEP Digital Library, updated regularly, provides renewable energy and energy efficiency information ranging from policy papers and case studies to presentations for REEEP funded projects internationally.
Search by Sector
Buildings Learn more about building energy
Solar Learn more about solar energy
Search All Resources
Lessons Learned and Best Practices
Are there training programs in my country?
Country-Specific Training Programs