Energy for Poverty Reduction and Sustainable Development: UNDP Energy Documents and Publications Catalogue
This catalogue contains documents produced over the past decade by UNDP together with its partners in the area of energy for poverty reduction and sustainable development. Publications are grouped into five sections:
- Featured Publications highlights recent publications from 2009 to 2010, from the widely cited Energy Access Situation in Developing Countries with WHO to an analysis of capacity development costs based on experiences in Nepal.
- Energy Policy Analysis and Strategy includes reports and studies on poverty reduction, gender, MDG reporting and scaling up such as A review of Energy in National MDG Reports and the report Will tomorrow be brighter than today? Addressing gender concerns in energy for poverty reduction in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Energy Financing Opportunities is a section offering practical publications such as the Energy Costing Tools and Users Guide and insight into innovative funding mechanisms.
- Energy Service Delivery offers numerous success stories, case studies and lessons learned from projects that promote a variety of energy technologies such as the report on Promotion of Wind Energy: Lessons learned from international experience and UNDP-GEF Projects.
- Communicating the Energy Message collects advocacy and external relations materials that showcase energy initiatives supported by UNDP – from fact sheets to compelling brochures about the role of energy in achieving the MDGs.