Cleantech Open (CTO) is a networking organization based in Los Angeles, California.
The mission of the Cleantech Open is to find, fund, and foster the big ideas that address today’s most urgent energy, environmental, and economic challenges.
The Cleantech Open has established itself as the leader in developing clean technology startup entrepreneurs addressing these challenges. Since its inception in 2006, 125 promising teams have availed themselves of the Cleantech Open’s one-of-a-kind hands-on workforce development, nurturing, and funding programs, with impressive results:
- Cleantech Open Alumni have raised over $130M in private capital,
- 80% remain economically viable today, and
- 500 new clean technology jobs have been created, with an additional 700 new jobs anticipated by the end of 2009.
Fostering Entrepreneurship and Clean technology, Worldwide
We believe that the solutions to the most critical challenges facing the U.S. today, related to energy, environment and the economy will come from the creativity, dedication, and passion of entrepreneurs and inventors.
The primary catalyst through which the Cleantech Open has advanced its unique workforce model is via the world’s largest and most successful cleantech business competition and networking programs.
Participants in our program receive a unique blend of:
- Business-school-class training
- An opportunity to win a “startup in a box” consisting of cash and services valued up to $250,000
The organization’s vision is to build on our current success of creating new jobs and viable businesses and expand across the nation and the world. Through its entrepreneur training programs the Cleantech Open will continue exponential jobs creation. We predict that over 100,000 new clean technology jobs by 2015 directly attributable to our efforts here in the U.S. alone.
Outstanding Results – Cleantech Jobs Generation Realized
The Cleantech Open’s programs have generated a stream of commercially viable businesses. In the first three years of the competition:
- 125 teams have successfully completed our program; 70 more will complete the program in 2009
- Alumni teams have raised over $130 million in private capital
- More than 500 new jobs have been created in the cleantech sector with a cumulative 1,200 jobs expected to be generated by the end of 2009.
The Cleantech Open has created these jobs at a cost of less than $5,000 per job based on the organization’s spending to date. This is far below the cost estimated for job generation under state and federal programs or the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act.
Cleantech Open is a part of the American-Made Network