Clean-Burning Wood Stove Grant Program (Maryland)
Last modified on February 12, 2015.
Financial Incentive Program
|Name||Clean-Burning Wood Stove Grant Program (Maryland)|
|Incentive Type||State Rebate Program|
|Eligible Technologies||Biomass, Clean-Burning Wood Stove|
|Energy Category||Renewable Energy Incentive Programs|
|Amount|| Stick Burning Stove: $500|
Pellet Burning Stove: $700
|Equipment Requirements|| Stick Burning Stoves must be EPA Certified Wood Stoves and emit no more than 3 grams of particulate matter (PM)/hr|
Pellet Burning Stoves must meet Washington Emission Standards and emit no more than 2 grams of particulate matter PM/hr
|Start Date|| 2012-09-07
|Installation Requirements|| Must replace an existing electric or non-natural gas fossil fueled heating system in a primary residence
|Program Budget|| $50,000
|Program Administrator||Maryland Energy Administration (MEA)|
|References||Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE)|
The Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) now offers the Clean Burning Wood Stove Grant program as part of its Residential Clean Energy Grant Program. The Clean Burning Wood Stove Grant program offers a flat grant award of $500 for stick burning wood stoves and $700 for pellet burning wood stoves that meet program eligibility requirements.
Basic requirements for grant funding include:
- The property must serve as primary residence
- Clean burning wood stove must replace existing electric or non-natural gas fossil fuel heating system
- A property may not receive more than one grant per technology per fiscal year from MEA
- The MEA cannot offer grants to a property held in a trust
- Applications have to be submitted to MEA within 12 months of installation*
Grants are allocated on a first come/first served basis across technologies, and are subject to change in amount and existence based on funding availability.
* A full list of program details and requirements can be found on the program web site listed above.
|Contact Name|| Maryland Energy Administration
|Address||60 West Street, 3rd Floor|
|Phone 2||(410) 260-2606|
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.
- "Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE)" Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "DSIRE" defined multiple times with different content