LEDSGP/about/Asia LEDS Partnership
Asia LEDS Partnership (ALP)
A LEDS GP Regional Network
The Asia LEDS Partnership is a voluntary regional network comprised of of more than 70 organizations as well as individual practitioners working to achieve transformative, sustainable economic growth across South Asia, Southeast Asia, East Asia, Central Asia, and the Pacific. Its vision is Asia as a region of robust economic progress and low greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
The objectives of the Asia LEDS Partnership are four-fold: (1) to facilitate enhanced collaboration among LEDS practitioners and decision-makers in the region; (2) to identify and disseminate tools, models, approaches, and best practices in priority LEDS topics to enable application across the region; (3) to foster capacity building of practitioners to lead and implement LEDS and green growth in Asia; and (4) to strengthen support for LEDS across Asia by catalyzing leaders of change and raising awareness about the benefits and methods of promoting LEDS.
The Asia LEDS Partnership was launched in September 2012 at the Asia LEDS Forum in Bangkok, Thailand, which brought together more than 150 representatives from 17 Asian governments, development organizations, non-governmental organizations, businesses, and experts active in supporting low-emission development in Asia. The second annual Asia LEDS Forum took place October 1-4, 2013 in Manila, Philippines and was attended by more than 240 government officials, practitioners, and experts from 22 Asian and Pacific countries and peers from Africa, North America, South America, and Europe. Participants shared best practices, tools, and ideas for achieving sustainable, climate-smart development in the largest and fastest growing region of the world.Visit the Asia LEDS Forum 2013 website for more details.
The Asia LEDS Forum 2014 is being planned for November 11-13 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. For more details, visit http://forum2014.asialeds.org/
- Coordination, collaboration, and partnerships: Facilitate enhanced collaboration among governments, development organizations, NGOs, businesses, academe, and others actively engaged in LEDS in the region, including work to maximize results while minimizing duplication.
- Tools and best practices: Identify and disseminate tools, models, approaches, and best practices in priority LEDS topics to enable peer-to-peer learning and application across the region.
- Capacity building: Foster capacity building of practitioners to make Asia a leader in designing and implementing LEDS and green growth.
- Leadership and awareness: Strengthen support for LEDS across Asia by inspiring and catalyzing leaders of change and raising awareness about the benefits and methods of promoting LEDS.
The geographic focus of the ALP includes countries within the sub-regions of East Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, and the Pacific (including Australia and New Zealand). Members of the ALP comprise individuals and organizations working within the public, private, and non-governmental sectors to advance low emission development in Asia. This includes members from both developing and developed countries as well as international partners supporting LEDS in Asia from any region around the world.
- June 2014 — Regional Workshop: Stocktaking of MRV-Systems, GIR (Greenhouse Gas Inventory Research Center of Korea), UNDP
- 1-4 October 2013 — Asia LEDS Forum 2013 (Manila, Philippines)
- 2-5 April 2013 — Asia LEDS Partnership Workshop on Climate Finance (Manila, Philippines)
- 1 February 2013 — Delhi Sustainable Development Summit Session on Green Growth Initiatives in Asia (New Delhi, India)
- 30 October 2012 — Symposium: Roadmap toward Low Carbon Development in Asia (Tokyo, Japan)
- 19-21 September 2012 — Asia LEDS Forum 2012 (Bangkok, Thailand)
Email the Asia LEDS Partnership Secretariat: John.Wells@icfi.com, or Sandra.Khananusit@icfi.com