Alaska Division of Public Health
The Alaska Division of Public Health is a division of the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS). Nine sections up the Division of Public Health:
- Public Health Nursing
- Chronic Disease Prevention & Health Promotion
- Emergency Programs
- Women's, Children's, & Family Health
- Bureau of Vital Statistics
- State Laboratory
- State Medical Examiner's Office
- Health Planning & Systems Development
Mission: To protect and promote the health of Alaskans.
Vision: Alaskans enjoy optimum health and safety through achieving greater public, community and personal responsibility for healthy conditions and choices.
- Accountability: We are committed to responsible use of human, financial and environmental resources.
- Respect: We provide services without discrimination or judgment.
- Human Potential: We are committed to developing each Alaskan's potential as a healthy individual, as well as fostering strong, healthy communities.
- Integrity: We are honest and ethical in all we do.
- Scientific Excellence: We are committed to adding to and contributing to the body of scientific knowledge and using the best available knowledge and data to set public health policy.
Alaska State Medical Examiner
Bureau of Vital Statistics Contact
- Margo Meyer
- (907) 465-8610