Solar+Storage/Publications & Resources
Citations & Links
Solar+Storage: Reducing Barriers through Cost-Optimization and Market Characterization is a joint endeavor of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and Clean Energy Group. The research seeks to elucidate the emerging market for distributed solar paired with battery energy storage (solar+storage). The two-year research initiative, ending in 2017, is funded under the Department of Energy’s Sunshot Initiative.
Additional products from this project include:
- Optimal Sizing of a Solar-Plus-Storage System For Utility Bill Savings and Resiliency Benefits (NREL 2016)
- Battery Energy Storage Market: Commercial Scale, Lithium-ion Projects in the U.S. (NREL 2016)
- NREL Solar+Storage Modeling Input Assumptions (NREL 2016)
- PV cost assumptions:
NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). 2016 Annual Technology Baseline (ATB). Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. http://www.nrel.gov/analysis/data_tech_baseline.html
- Storage cost assumptions are based on cost data collected by NREL, summarized in: http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy17osti/67235.pdf
- Utility Rate Database: http://en.openei.org/wiki/Utility_Rate_Database
- Renewable Energy Optimization Model description: https://reopt.nrel.gov/
- U.S. Climate Zones:
- Load profiles are based on the Department of Energy Commercial Reference Buildings (https://energy.gov/eere/buildings/commercial-reference-buildings) using Energy Plus Software (https://www.energyplus.net/).