Solar+Storage/Impact of Technology Cost
From Open Energy Information
Revision as of 13:14, 26 February 2018 by Nlangle (remove <!--<p class="costPointDef col-xs-12 col-sm-10 col-sm-offset-1 col-md-8 col-md-offset-2 col-lg-6 col-lg-offset-3">File:Cost Assumptions-Detailed.png</p>-->)
Impact of Technology Costs on Solar+Storage Economics
- At what price points does solar+storage become economical?
- As lithium-ion battery system prices decline, the number of locations and building types in which batteries are economical increases significantly.
- Even at higher technology costs, solar with storage systems are economical in some building types in Anaheim, San Francisco and New York.
- Office buildings, hospitals, large hotels, and secondary schools may see cost savings from solar with storage in the near term.
- All of the 16 building types modeled see cost savings from solar with storage, in more than one location, under the lowest cost point.
- At lower technology cost points, solar with storage is economical in 10 of the 16 locations modeled.
Cost Point Definitions
|Cost Point||PV System Installed Cost ($/w)||PV O&M Cost ($/kW)||Battery Storage System Installed Cost for Power Rating* ($/kW)||Battery Storage System Installed Cost for Energy Rating ($/kWh)||Battery Storage Replacement Cost ($/kW)||Battery Storage Replacement Cost ($/kWh)|
|High Cost Point||$1.37||$8||$1,332||$290||$441||$256|
|Mid Cost Point||$1.11||$8||$1,062||$256||$407||$238|
|Low Cost Point||$0.97||$8||$1,193||$151||$326||$106|
|Stretch Cost Point||$0.90||$8||$787||$106||$276||$97|