Difference between revisions of "Solar+Storage/Impact of Technology Cost"
From Open Energy Information
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
<div class='tableauPlaceholder' id='
<div class='tableauPlaceholder' id='' style='position: relative'></div>
Revision as of 11:02, 7 September 2017
Impact of Technology Costs on Solar+Storage Economics
Key Question: At what price points does solar+storage become economical?
- As lithium-ion battery system prices decline, the number of locations and building types in which batteries are economical increases significantly.
- Even at higher technology costs, solar with storage systems are economical in some building types in Anaheim, San Francisco and New York.
- Office buildings, hospitals, large hotels, and secondary schools may see cost savings from solar with storage in the near term.
- All of the 16 building types modeled see cost savings from solar with storage, in more than one location, under the lowest cost point.
- At lower technology cost points, solar with storage is economical in 10 of the 16 locations modeled.