Difference between revisions of "RAPID/Geothermal/Washington/Exploration"

From Open Energy Information
m (Text replace - "(\{\{RAPID-Overview\(Tech-Jurisdiction-Topic\)) (\|Tech=)(.*) (\|Jurisdiction=)(.*) (\|Topic=)(.*)" to "$1 $4$3 $6$5 |GlanceTopic=$7")
m (Text replace - "|Name=" to "|Tech=")
Line 128: Line 128:

Revision as of 08:44, 30 June 2016

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Washington Geothermal Exploration Permitting(4-WA)

Developers must obtain a Land Use License from the Washington State Department of Natural Resources (WSDNR) if they wish to conduct non-drilling geothermal exploration activities on state land. Developers will be required to negotiate the terms of the Land Use License with WSDNR. Generally, Land Use Licenses are for terms up to (but not to exceed) one year, revocable at will, and cost $250 to $500. WSDNR may issue a Special Use Lease if the developer will need to conduct exploration activities for longer than one year. Developers who seek to conduct drilling operations must obtain a Drilling Permit from WSDNR.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.