Difference between revisions of "LEDSGP/sector/transport"
|Line 50:||Line 50:|
Revision as of 09:21, 28 May 2015
Transport Working Group
A LEDS GP Working Group
Countries and cities facing significantly increasing demand for transport services over the coming decades have a unique opportunity to develop more sustainable transport systems that will meet this demand, and at the same time, enable economic growth and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. These sustainable transport systems focus on avoiding the need for travel, shifting to more environmentally (as well as socially and economically) sustainable mobility, and improving transport technologies, fuels, and institutions.
The Low Emission Development Strategies Global Partnership (LEDS GP) Transport Working Group provides technical assistance, tools, and trainings on transport strategies that support low emission development.
A team of international transport experts from EMBARQ, sustainable urban mobility by WRI, the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory and the United Nations Environment Programme lead activities of the Transport Working Group.
2015 Working Group Activities
The LEDS GP Transport Working Group is building a LEDS transport community, supporting champions and innovators, linking low-emission transport expert networks, and exploring opportunities for collaboration at local and regional levels. The working group supports developing transport systems of tomorrow by:
- Sharing approaches and tools for transport and land use planning
- Providing transport analysis methods and tools, including the Transportation Toolkit
- Providing peer-to-peer, transport-specific financial training and expert assistance
News and Events
There are currently no upcoming webinars
Past Transport Webinar Series
- 14 May, 2015: How the Built Environment Influences Who Rides on Bus Rapid Transit
English Presentation To view a recording of the webinar: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/2761775663394491137
Spanish Presentation To view a recording of the webinarn: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/4024498797487736065
- June 18, 2014:Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) and Urban Development in Latin America and India
View video of presentation here: Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) and Urban Development in Latin America and India
- May 6, 2014: Mainstreaming Low Carbon Path in the Transport Sector in the National and Local Levels: Case of the Philippines Overview of Planning for Sustainable Low Carbon Transport.
- March 18, 2014 The Low Emission Transport Toolkit
Resources & Tools