Past Partnership Events
- Webinar: Overview of World Resources Institute's Greenhouse Gas Protocol Mitigation Accounting Standards
The Policy and Action Standard explains how to estimate the greenhouse gas effects of policies and actions (including NAMAs). The standard applies to all policy types (e.g., regulations and standards, taxes and subsidies, emissions trading programs, information instruments, financing and investment, etc.) and all sectors (AFOLU, buildings, energy supply, industry, transport, and waste). The Mitigation Goals Standard explains how to track progress toward national and sub-national GHG reduction goals. The standard applies to all goal types, including goals relative to a historical base year, goals relative to emissions intensity, goals relative to a projected baseline scenario, and fixed level goals (e.g., carbon neutrality).
View Recorded Video Presentation Here: 
The Asia LEDS Partnership (ALP) organized the Southeast Asia Climate Finance Workshop during March 12-14, 2014 in Hanoi, Vietnam. The event was hosted by the Vietnam Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI), with support from ALP members including CDKN, SWITCH-Asia Network Facility, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP), USAID, and the World Bank.
- Workshop on Accessing Finance for Green Growth and LEDS (Hanoi, Vietnam 12-14 March 2014): The Asia LEDS Partnership (ALP) is organizing the Southeast Asia Climate Finance Workshop during March 12-14, 2014 in Hanoi, Vietnam. The event will be hosted by the Vietnam Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI), with support from ALP members including CDKN, SWITCH-Asia Network Facility, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP), USAID, and the World Bank. This event will target government officials from planning and finance ministries from Southeast Asian countries and from sub-national planning authorities, as well as representatives from the financial sector (e.g., state and private banks) and entrepreneurs. The proposed theme, “Accessing Finance for Green Growth and LEDS,” reflects ALP members’ interest in addressing common challenges and improving capacity to access finance to accelerate efforts to scale up LEDS implementation.
- Regional Workshop on Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions in Asia and the Pacific (Bangkok, Thailand 18-19 March 2014): The workshop will be conducted for two full days, with the first day dedicated to general discussions about NAMA developments in the Asia-Pacific region with a view on programmes and initiatives involving waste, while the second day will be more focused on aspects related to the design and implementation of NAMAs in the waste sector. A background policy paper will be prepared by ESCAP and distributed to participants ten days prior to the workshop, which will set the stage for the discussions and the experience sharing among the participants.
- LEDS LAC Regional Platform Workshop (4-6 December 2013 Lima, Peru): The second annual Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) LEDS Regional Workshop will occur in Lima, Peru in conjunction with Interclima during 4-6 of December, 2013. For more events, please also visit http://www.iisd.org/calendar/
- Asia LEDS Forum: Putting LEDS into Practice (Manila, Philippines 1-4 October 2013): More than 220 government officials, practitioners, and experts from 23 Asia and Pacific countries gathered at the second annual Asia Low Emission Development Strategies (LEDS) Forum to discuss and share best practices, tools, and ideas for achieving sustainable, climate-smart development in the largest and fastest growing region of the world.
- Asia LEDS Partnership Workshop on Financing Green Growth (Manila, Philippines - 2-4 April 2013): This workshop brought together government officials from 12 developing Asian countries with commercial bankers, fund managers, green project developers and others from the public and private sectors to learn about mechanisms for financing low-carbon, climate-resilient growth in Asia.
- Learning and Leading on LEDS Workshop (Pattaya, Thailand - 27 February, 2013-1 March 2013): The second annual LEDS GP workshop brought together leading practitioners from countries and international institutions to share lessons and strengthen cooperation on low emission development around the world.
- Advancing Collaborative Action for Low Emissions Development, COP 18 Side Event - (Doha, Qatar - 30 November 2012)
- Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) Regional Platform Workshop (Alajuela, Costa Rica - 12-14 November 2012)
- African Climate and Development Society (ACDS) Regional Platform Workshop (Addis Ababa, Ethipoia - 19-20 October 2012): This workshop was part of the Second Conference on Climate Change and Development in Africa.
- Asia LEDS Forum 2012: Catalyzing an Era of Green Growth (Bangkok, Thailand - 19-21 September 2012): This events was the first meeting of the Asia LEDS Partnership (ALP).
- Enhancing Global Collaboration on Low Emissions Development (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - 19 June 20120): This event was intended to share information on current LEDS GP activities and explore opportunities for collaboration with other related activities.
- Catalyzing Cooperative Action for Low Emissions Development Side Event in Bonn (Bonn, Germany - 23 May 2012): The partnership—with the International Partnership on Mitigation and MRV—convened this meeting to share information and learning related to current LEDS activities, to discuss and receive feedback on these activities, and to explore opportunities for linking with related initiatives.
- LEDS GP Collaboration in Action Workshop (London, UK - 21-22 March 2012): The workshop brought together carefully selected low emission development leaders from around the world to share experiences and explore opportunities to enhance coordination on LEDS globally. The workshop was co-organized by the US Government, the Climate Development and Knowledge Network (CDKN), the World Bank, the UK Government and the Children's Investment Fund Foundation.
- Low Emission Development Strategy Initiatives: Building a Global Dialogue (Washington, DC - February 2-3, 2011): The U.S. Government, the European Commission, the German Ministry of Environment, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation and the World Resources Institute hosted a two-day workshop titled “Low Emission Development Strategy Initiatives: Building a Global Dialogue” that took place in Washington, DC on February 2nd and 3rd, 2011. The purpose of this workshop was to facilitate a collaborative dialogue among governments, foundations and NGO’s that are focused on the development of low emission development planning programs in developing countries. This workshop provided detailed information and initial lessons learned regarding the various programs underway, as well as information on initiatives related to information sharing and knowledge building on LEDS and LEDS-related activities. The goal of the workshop was to exchange information and develop strategies for future collaboration on low emissions development planning.