From Open Energy Information
Past Partnership Events
- Asia LEDS Forum: Putting LEDS into Practice (Manila, Philippines 1-4 October 2013): More than 220 government officials, practitioners, and experts from 23 Asia and Pacific countries gathered at the second annual Asia Low Emission Development Strategies (LEDS) Forum to discuss and share best practices, tools, and ideas for achieving sustainable, climate-smart development in the largest and fastest growing region of the world.
- Asia LEDS Partnership Workshop on Financing Green Growth (Manila, Philippines - 2-4 April 2013): This workshop brought together government officials from 12 developing Asian countries with commercial bankers, fund managers, green project developers and others from the public and private sectors to learn about mechanisms for financing low-carbon, climate-resilient growth in Asia.
- Learning and Leading on LEDS Workshop (Pattaya, Thailand - 27 February, 2013-1 March 2013): The second annual LEDS GP workshop brought together leading practitioners from countries and international institutions to share lessons and strengthen cooperation on low emission development around the world.
- Advancing Collaborative Action for Low Emissions Development, COP 18 Side Event - (Doha, Qatar - 30 November 2012)
- Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) Regional Platform Workshop (Alajuela, Costa Rica - 12-14 November 2012)
- African Climate and Development Society (ACDS) Regional Platform Workshop (Addis Ababa, Ethipoia - 19-20 October 2012): This workshop was part of the Second Conference on Climate Change and Development in Africa.
- First Asia LEDS Forum (Bangkok, Thailand - 19-21 September 2012): This events was the first meeting of the Asia LEDS Partnership (ALP).
- Enhancing Global Collaboration on Low Emissions Development (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - 19 June 20120): This event was intended to share information on current LEDS GP activities and explore opportunities for collaboration with other related activities.
- Catalyzing Cooperative Action for Low Emissions Development Side Event in Bonn (Bonn, Germany - 23 May 2012): The partnership—with the International Partnership on Mitigation and MRV—convened this meeting to share information and learning related to current LEDS activities, to discuss and receive feedback on these activities, and to explore opportunities for linking with related initiatives.
- LEDS GP Collaboration in Action Workshop (London, UK - 21-22 March 2012): The workshop brought together carefully selected low emission development leaders from around the world to share experiences and explore opportunities to enhance coordination on LEDS globally. The workshop was co-organized by the US Government, the Climate Development and Knowledge Network (CDKN), the World Bank, the UK Government and the Children's Investment Fund Foundation.
- Low Emission Development Strategy Initiatives: Building a Global Dialogue (Washington, DC - February 2-3, 2011): The U.S. Government, the European Commission, the German Ministry of Environment, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation and the World Resources Institute hosted a two-day workshop titled “Low Emission Development Strategy Initiatives: Building a Global Dialogue” that took place in Washington, DC on February 2nd and 3rd, 2011. The purpose of this workshop was to facilitate a collaborative dialogue among governments, foundations and NGO’s that are focused on the development of low emission development planning programs in developing countries. This workshop provided detailed information and initial lessons learned regarding the various programs underway, as well as information on initiatives related to information sharing and knowledge building on LEDS and LEDS-related activities. The goal of the workshop was to exchange information and develop strategies for future collaboration on low emissions development planning.