LEDSGP/about/Asia LEDS Partnership
Asia LEDS Partnership (ALP)
A LEDS GP Regional Network
The Asia LEDS Partnership (ALP) was launched in September 2012 at the Asia LEDS Forum Bangkok, Thailand, which brought together more than 150 representatives from 17 governments in South, Southeast, East, and Central Asia, regional and international development organizations, non-governmental organizations, businesses, and others active in LEDS in Asia. ALP is a voluntary regional network comprised of individuals and organizations from the public, private, and non-governmental sectors active in designing, promoting, and/or implementing LEDS in Asia. Its vision is Asia as a region of robust economic progress and low greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions , with countries adopting and implementing LEDS and green growth practices. Its goal to advance the development of national-level and country-led strategic plans to promote economic growth while reducing greenhouse (GHG) emissions—without causing trade-offs to other environmental pressures—in the Asia region.
- Coordination, collaboration, and partnerships: Facilitate enhanced collaboration among governments, development organizations, NGOs, businesses, academe, and others actively engaged in LEDS in the region, including work to maximize results while minimizing duplication.
- Tools and best practices: Identify and disseminate tools, models, approaches, and best practices in priority LEDS topics to enable peer-to-peer learning and application across the region.
- Capacity building: Foster capacity building of practitioners to make Asia a leader in designing and implementing LEDS and green growth.
- Leadership and awareness: Strengthen support for LEDS across Asia by inspiring and catalyzing leaders of change and raising awareness about the benefits and methods of promoting LEDS.
The geographic focus of the ALP includes countries within the sub-regions of East Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, and the Pacific (including Australia and New Zealand). Members of the ALP comprise individuals and organizations working within the public, private, and non-governmental sectors to advance low emission development in Asia. This includes members from both developing and developed countries as well as international partners supporting LEDS in Asia from any region around the world.
- 30 October 2012 — Symposium: Roadmap toward Low Carbon Development in Asia (Tokyo, Japan)
- 19-21 September 2012 — Asia LEDS Forum 2012 (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Asia LEDS Forum Provisional Agenda
- Asia LEDS Forum Concept Note