Upcoming LEDS Events
25-28 June 2013
8th Asia Clean Energy Forum 2013
ADB and USAID have jointly organized the Asia Clean Energy Forum (ACEF) since 2006, with the aim of sharing best practices in policy, technology, and finance to meet the region's climate and energy security challenges. More than 830 people from 55 countries attended the 2012 Forum, which was comprised of 32 sessions and 9 side events.
In 2013, ACEF will take a fresh new approach to improve the effectiveness and outcomes of the week’s discussions. Unlike previous years, the 2013 ACEF will incorporate many of the previous side events into the main body of the Forum. This will allow for a more focused and condensed set of discussions on each of six key thematic areas: policy, finance, energy efficiency, renewable energy, energy access, and emerging technologies.
For more detailed information on the course, please visit http://www.adb.org/news/events/8th-asia-clean-energy-forum-2013
26 June 2013
Latin American Forum on Climate Change Adaptation
In partnership with the UNFCCC Secretariat, the Fundação Getúlio Vargas is hosting a Latin American Forum on Climate Change Adaptation. The meeting will be held in São Paulo, Brazil with participants from the Latin American private sector, governments and civil society. For more information, please visit http://www.gvces.com.br/index.php?r=site/CapaSecao&id=24
3-5 July 2013
Regional Workshop of Capacity Building and Lessons Learned of development of NAMAs
- Improve the knowledge regarding the concepts of NAMAs, specifically in the public sectors of energy, environment and agribusiness;
- Present the state of art of NAMAs, placing specific emphasis on political, regulatory, institutional and operational requirements, and financing mechanisms;
- Discuss technical elements for the design, elaboration and implementation of NAMAs;
- Identify plausible NAMAs and its elements of development in the Caribbean region;
- Discuss with governmental and public representatives how the contribution of NAMAs helps to achieve their national objectives of sustainable development.
The workshop is being organized by the Latin American Energy Organization (OLADE, acronym in Spanish) and UNEP Risoe Centre (URC) and supported by the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Foreign Investment, and CUBAENERGIA/Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment (CITMA) of Cuba.
For information about past events, see past partnership events.